Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area has one developed campground. Opened in 1998 to replace the Old Oak Creek Campground, and formerly known as the 13-Mile Campground, the Red Rock Canyon Campground is located two miles east of the visitor center on W. Charleston Blvd (State Route 159). The campground is located one mile south on Moenkopi Road from the junction with W. Charleston Blvd. Its physical address is 3293 Moenkopi Road, Las Vegas, NV.
Season, Hours of Operation, and Weather
The campground is open September 1, 2017 through May 29, 2018.
Access to the campground is open 24 hours a day. There is no check-in, however, payment of fees must be made within 30 minutes of arrival at a self-registration station. This campground is a mixed use campground. Campers with tents, and recreational vehicles are intermixed in the area. Generators are permitted between the hours of 6 a.m. and 10 p.m.
- There are no electrical, water and sewer hook-ups.
- There is no dump station for recreational vehicles.
- There are no showers.
- Shade structures are available throughout the group sites and many of the individual sites.
- Restrooms are vault toilets.
- Water faucets for drinking water are located throughout the campground.
Camping Fees / Limits
The campground has individual campsites (including 14 walk-in sites) and 7 group sites. To make the campsite availability fair to all, there is a 14-day limit in effect.
Fees for individual and walk-in campsites can be paid in cash at the information kiosk. They are first-come, first-served.
Fees & reservations for the group campsites can be made by calling (877) 444-6777 or visiting www.recreation.gov
- Individual campsite
- Currently: $15 per night
- Starting February 20, 2018: $20 per night
- Walk-in campsite
- Currently: $15 per night
- Starting February 20, 2018: $10 per night
- Group campsite
- Currently: $40 per night
- Starting February 20, 2018: $60 per night
America the Beautiful Senior and Access pass card holders receive a 50 percent discount on camping fees, except for the group campground. The America the Beautiful Annual Pass, Red Rock Canyon Annual Pass, Military Pass, and National Parks Pass are not accepted for discounts at the campground.
- Limit nine people per campsite;
- Two vehicles per site;
- A sand tent pad is provided for approximately two to three tents.
- 10 to 15 people per site;
- Up to eight vehicles per site.
- You are responsible for knowing campground rules and regulations.
- Pets must be leashed at all times;
- Pet waste must cleaned up by pet owner;
- Pets may not be left unattended;
- Maximum 14-day limit in 28-day period;
- Quiet hours are from 10 p.m. until 6 a.m. (the use of generators, radios and music players are prohibited during this time)
- Campfires and charcoal grills are allowed within the developed campfire rings & grills.
Reservations for the individual campsites are not allowed. It is not suggested to arrive in the middle of the night in the hopes of locating an empty campsite, especially during the fall and spring. The Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday periods are also very busy. The campground closes each summer, typically closing just after Memorial Day and opening in time for Labor Day.
Reservations for the group campsites are required and can be made by calling (877) 444-6777 or visit www.recreation.gov
On-Site Campground Host
Campground hosts live on-site and volunteer for the Bureau of Land Management. They are there to assist you in making your visit as enjoyable as possible.