Fire restrictions within Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area currently prohibit:
- Building and/or using a campfire or charcoal stove. Use of a portable stove using gas, jellied petroleum or pressurized liquid fuel is allowed IF it has an On/Off switch.
- Smoking is allowed in an enclosed vehicle only.
- Welding or operating an acetylene torch with open flames (except by permit).
- Using any explosive (except by permit)
- Using any type of fireworks (including those labeled "Safe & Sane") or firing a tracer
- Operating an off-road vehicle without a spark arrestor
- Steel core ammunition and explosive targets as they are known fire starters
Violations can result in a fine of up to $100,000 and/or a year in jail as well as the costs associated with resource damage, suppression costs, and injuries if found guilty. Fire Restrictions Stage 1 are in effect as of July 14, 2023 for all of Southern Nevada and details on current restrictions can be found here: Nevada Fire Info